- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Table Salt
Enter the cups desired and press the calculate button.
Hint: use ctrl p to print the page.
Chicken & Dumplings
- Cook chicken (I do 5-6 chicken breasts) in a large stock pot in water and reserve the liquid. When the chicken is cool chop into squares sorta.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in the Shortening well. Add water and form into two balls. Cover with a tea towel for a bit to let the dough absorbe the water.
- Flour up the table and roll out about 1/8" thick. Cut into 1/4" to 1/2" squares and dust with flour so they don't sticke to each other.
- Add some Chicken Stock or Chicken Broth and bring to a boil. Dump in the dumplings and cover and reduce to a simmer. Don't open the cover for 30-45 minutes.
- Add 4Tbls corn starch to 4 Tbls cold water and stir in well.
- Bring to a boil and dump in the chicken bits and give it a stir. Add pepper a salt to taste.
Typical recipe size is 4 cups
? serving suggestions