- Chicken Wings
- 3/4 cup Orange Soda
- 1/4 cup Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Chinese Five-Spice
Orange Soda Hot Wings
- Seperate the wings, rinse in cold water and dry with paper towel. Salt and pepper both sides.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter. Have heat and smoke on one side of the grill and keep the grill at 250°F. Cook on the cold side for 15 minutes.
- Brush the wings with butter and cook 45 more minutes on the cold side.
- While the chicken cooks combine 3/4 cup orange soda, 1/4 cup hot sauce, 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger, 2 cloves of garlic minced, 1 teaspoon chinese five-spice, 2 tablespoons butter in small pot and cook until sauce is syrupy.
- After 60 minutes on the cold side brush the chicken with butter and cook on the hot side till the skin firms up.
- Liberally apply the sauce to the wings and move to the cold side and cook for 15 minutes or so till the sauce thickens and caramelizes.
Boil the tips to get chicken stock.