- Whole Plum Tomatoes
- or Crushed Tomatoes
- Fresh Chopped Basil
- Garlic Powder
Tasty Pizza Sauce Recipe
The tomatoes can be fresh or canned. San Marzano DOP tomatoes are just wonderful. Any whole plum tomatoes can be used. Delmonte Crushed Tomatoes are very good to and not as much mess.
This is a general guide for a wonderful pizza sauce and should be tweaked to your tastes.
- Drain the tomatoes and remove as many seeds as you can.
- Use a stick blender to blend the tomatoes.
- Chop fine a few leaves of basil and add to the tomatoes.
- Add about a teaspoon of oregano and garlic.
- Stir well and salt to taste.
- Allow some time for the flavors to combine.
- And remember less is more when it comes to pizza sauce.