- Yellow Onion
- Chicken Bouillon Cube
- Cilantro Bouillon Cubes
- Garlic Cloves
Enter the quarts desired and press the calculate button.
Salsa Verde is also known at Tomatilla Sauce Enjoy :)
- Add water, chicken bouillon, and cilantro bouillon(optional) to a stock pot on high heat.
- When the water reaches a boil add the Tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, and tomato.
- When the water reaches a boil reduce heat and simmer until the Tomatillos and tomatoes are soft.
- Stir pot a few times to rotate the tomatillos so the ones on the bottom don't get over cooked.
- Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, take a slotted spoon and put 1/2 of mixture into a food processor.
- Add the Cilantro and Garlic.
- Add the rest of mixture in the food processor.
- Optional add pepper.
- Pulse until you can see the cilantro is kinda small and taste. If it needs any thing add it now.
- Pour in some of your stock water to make the number of quarts in your recipe.
- Blend on high for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Pour in to quart jars and let cool before sealing.
Typical size is 2 quarts
Salsa Verde serving suggestions
Serve warm with chips, fried eggs in Verde, or your smoked pull pork in a flour tortilla.