- 16 jumbo size shrimp
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- cooking oil
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Korean Shrimp Pancakes
- Clean and split the shrimp lengthwise
- Rinse in cold water, drain, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, chopped green onion, and sesame seeds in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Mix the mustard powder with 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl.
- Put the shrimp on a large plate, belly side up and side by side without touching each other. Sprinkle 2 pinches of salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper over top, evenly.
- Dip your finger into the mustard paste and put a bit on each shrimp, just like painting.
- Coat the inside of the shrimp with flour
- Beat 2 eggs with a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Heat up a pan over medium heat.
- Add some cooking oil to the pan. Dip the shrimp into the egg and put the shrimp in the pan, coated part down. Repeat this with the rest of the shrimp but don't crowd them in the pan.
- Cook for a few minutes until the bottom of the shrimp turns a little light golden brown, pressing down slightly with a spatula every now and then. Turn them over and cook another couple of minutes until both sides are light golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and serve as a side dish or snack with the dipping sauce.