- Apple Cider 3c
- Apple Cider Vinegar 1c
- Brown Sugar 1/3c
- Kosher Salt 1/4c
- Allspice 1 Tbl
- Bay Leaves 3-4
- Black Peppercorns 2 tea
Cider Brine Turkey or Chicken
- One whole Turkey Breast or a Couple of Cornish Hens. Frozen Turkey Breast also works just don't cut the string bag until you're done cooking.
- Combine 3 cups Apple Cider, 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, 1/4 cup Kosher Salt, 3-4 Bay Leaves, 2 teaspoons Black Peppercorns in a sauce pan. Simmer for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Stir in 4 cups of Ice Water and wait for the brine to be room temperature.
- Add the Turkey Breast or Chicken to the brine making sure it's fully covered with the brine and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and rinse the Turkey or Chicken.
- Boil 2 cups of Apple Cider slowly until it's reduced to 1/4 cup. Watch closely as it reduces to make sure it does not burn. The heat will need to be lowered as it reduces. Add 1/2 cup butter and stir until mixed.
- Heat smoker to 225°F
- Put some butter under the skin and start smoking. After 20 minutes brush with the glaze.
- Cook until the internal temperature is 150°F. Cover and rest for 15 minutes or so.