- 1 lb Uncooked Shrimp
- 2 c Chicken Stock
- 1/2 c Stone Ground Grits
- 4 Tbs Unsalted Butter
- 1 c Shredded Sharp Chedder
- 6 slices of Bacon
- 2 Tbs Chopped Parsley
- 1 c sliced Scallions
- 1 Tbl Minced Garlic
- 2 tea Lemon Juice
Shrimp & Grits
- Cut bacon into small chunks and cook, remove from pan and keep the bacon grease.
- Add salt and pepper and bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- Add the grits and reduce heat as the grits cook.
- Stir until all the liquid is absorbed then remove from heat.
- Stir cheese and butter into the grits.
- Cook shrimp in bacon grease until pink.
- Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp mixture to your bowl of grits and enjoy.
Typical recipe size is 2 servings
? serving suggestions