- 4 baking potatoes, washed
- 1 1/2 tbls oil
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar jack cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tea seasoned salt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- black pepper
Twice Baked Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Rub them with the canola oil
and bake for 1 hour, making sure they're sufficiently cooked through.
- Slice the butter into pats. Place in a large mixing bowl and add the
bacon bits and sour cream. Remove the potatoes from the oven.
Lower the heat to 350 degrees F
- With a sharp knife, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scrape out the
insides into the mixing bowl, being careful not to tear the shell. Leave a
small rim of potato intact for support. Lay the hollowed out potato shells
on a baking sheet.
- Smash the potatoes into the butter, bacon and sour cream. Add the
cheese, milk, seasoned salt, green onions and black pepper to taste and
mix together well. (IMPORTANT: If you plan to freeze the twice-baked
potatoes, do NOT add the green onions.)
- Fill the potato shells with the filling. I like to fill the shells
so they look abundant and heaping. Top each potato with a little more
grated cheese and pop 'em in the oven until the potato is warmed
through, 15 to 20 minutes
Typical recipe size is 4 servings