- 1 Canning Jar
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- Sweet Onion
- 1 1/2 c Vinegar
- 3/4 c Water
- 2 tbl Mixed Pickling Spice
- 1 tea Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Mustard Seed
- 1 tea Cajun Seasoning
A tasty treat when you need a snack. Enjoy :)
- Cut and quarter 2 slices of sweet onion and place in wide mouth quart jar
- Add the 6 eggs to the quart jar
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. As soon as the boil starts reduce heat to low and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool about 10 minutes or so.
- Pour the mixture over the eggs and onions and make sure to get all the spices in. Cap and place on the counter for a couple of hours till the jar cools down a bit then place in the refridgerator for a week to pickle.
- After they are pickled you can put the jar on the counter.
The onions are great on hamburgers.