- Elk Tenderloin
- Beef Broth
- Dry Red Wine
- AP Flour
- Salt & Pepper Optional
- Fresh Mushrooms
- In a saucepan melt 3 tbl butter over medium heat then add 2 tbl chopped shallots and optionally up to 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms.
- Cook for a few minutes until shallots are tender then add 2 cups beef stock and 1 cup dry red wine. Cook on high till it starts to boil then reduce to medium and cook for 30 to minutes stirring frequently.
- Cook 5-6 strips of bacon until crispy then crumble.
- Trim the steaks of all fat and silver skin. Pound to 1/4" thick
- Combine 3 tbl AP flour, 1 tea thyme, 1/4 tea salt, and 1/4 tea pepper. Dredge the steaks in the flour mix to coat well.
- When the sauce is done add the bacon and remove from the heat. Melt 3 tbls butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the steaks 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Plate up the steaks and spoon the sauce over them.
Beef can be substituted for Elk, pick a lean cut of meat.
Serve with noodles or veggies.