Raspberry Pi OS w/Desktop¶
Download Raspberry Pi OS (32-bit) with desktop and recommended software here
Connect a mouse, keyboard and monitor to the Raspberry Pi and boot up.
Click on the raspberry and select Preferences then Raspberry Pi Configuration
Enter your password then on the System tab disable Login as user Pi then on the Interfaces tab enable the following
1. Install required dependencies. In a terminal do:
sudo apt install python3-pip python3-pyqt5 libpci-dev git
Note: some OS’s might not have python-setuptools and you would need to install it with apt install.
2. Install the 7i96 Configuration Tool. In a terminal do:
pip3 install git+https://github.com/jethornton/7i96.git
3. Create a file in your home directory called
.xsessionrc and add the
following if your using Debian 9 then log out and back in or reboot the PC.
if [ -d $HOME/.local/bin ]; then export PATH="$HOME/.local/bin:$PATH" fi
5. Follow the instructions at https://github.com/LinuxCNC/mesaflash to install Mesaflash.
4. Run the 7i96 Configuration Tool. In a terminal do:
To upgrade the 7i96 Configuration Tool. In a terminal do:
pip3 install git+https://github.com/jethornton/7i96.git --upgrade
To uninstall the 7i96 Configuration Tool In a terminal do:
pip3 uninstall 7i96